Thursday, January 21, 2010

Star Towels

A few years ago - maybe four? - I had a lot more free time on my hands. I also had grand ideas about weaving a project a month. Towels, place mats, runners, ordinary cloth, you name it. It's taken a while, but I'm starting to make time for hobbies (other than knitting). Eric and I turned out 2 rugs over the last year (simple log cabin rugs that are really nothing more than a slight of hand for the eye). We also wove one shawl - our first project using tencel. I am sorry to admit that we took pictures of nothing.

The weaving stash has long contained some cones of cotton - red and white:
IMG_1694

We plan to use these together to make a few Star Dishtowels:
StarTowels
(a free project available from Handwoven.)

Before we warp, we do have a decision - which towel? The all-over star pattern, pictured on the right? Or the striped version, pictured on the left? Readers, care to weigh in?

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I vote for the all over star pattern. I thought at first it was check but I see on closer examination it is not. Go for it.